Wednesday 25 May 2016

Patience


M reminded of a short but effective story about patience  my mom shared with me . 
Just outside of a great temple, on the road, rested a stone. One day that stone said, “I’m a stone. So too is the idol within the temple. Why then does everyone step on me but worship the idol?”
Hearing this, the idol in the temple said, “You only see everyone worshipping me now. However, before getting here, the sculptor landed thousands of blows upon my body with his chisel. At that time, I just sat there motionless and took it. This is why, today, countless people come to worship me.”
              It was the stone’s patience that transformed it into something people worship.
 An image is hidden in every rock. However only when the sculptor chisels away the unnecessary portions of the stone does the shape of that image become clear. For this to happen, just think how many hours the stone must patiently sit before the sculptor! It is out of this austerity that the beautiful form becomes clear.

Like wise ..When a flower is still in its bud stage, we cannot experience its fragrance and beauty. It first must blossom. There is no point in impatiently tearing it open. We must patiently wait for it to naturally blossom. Only then can we fully experience all its fragrance and beauty. Here, patience is required.
....be patient and let everything happen to u naturally...  :-)

No comments: